This pasta dish is sure to become a favorite; feel free to experiment with different vegetables.
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
• 2 medium zucchini cut into thin strips
• 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
• 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 1 cup fresh peas or frozen, thawed
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 pound pasta
• 12 red cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced into thin threads
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
1. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil and herbs. Transfer coated vegetables to heavy baking sheet and spread out into a single layer, using a second baking sheet if necessary. Bake until the carrots are tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
2. While vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
3. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and just enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan before serving.