Whether you need to jump start your day or unwind in the evening, this chai tea fits the bill. Tea contains antioxidants and the spices supply an added boost.
• 6 cups cold water
• 2-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
• 10 whole cloves
• 6 cardamom pods
• 6 bags of black tea, preferably Darjeeling
• 2 cups milk of your choice (Dairy, Soy or Almond)
• 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1. Place water in medium-sized saucepan. Add ginger, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, cloves, and cardamom and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add tea bags, cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
3. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, discarding solids, and then return liquid to the pan. Stir in milk and sugar and heat over low heat for 1 minute.
4. Serve warm or chill.